Our Festival Hotel is The Holiday Inn, The Crighton, Bankend Road, Dumfries DG1 4ZZ
The hotel rooms will open up for booking shortly an email will go out and an announcement of Facebook (Sorry we have to establish which rooms we need for artists first).
Please note you cannot book online as the rooms have been put on hold for the festival. You can only book directly with the hotel by phoning the local hotel number : 01387 272410 – DO NOT Press 1 for reservations DO Press 5 for reception. Please quote this code UKUL260418 If there is no reply it means they are busy on the phone – you could try redialling and pressing the number for the conferences and events.
The estate has given permission for overnight parking (and sleeping) of small to medium sized campervans. We have booked two rooms at the hotel where you can access toilets and showers. There will be no facilities for chemical waste disposal and we are not aware of external drinking water taps. But you should be able to fill your kettle up from the hotel rooms we have set aside for you. There is a modest cost for this, click here for details.
Other accommodation – In or near Dumfries
Please look these up on tripadvisor, etc. We do not have personal experience.
- Cairndale Hotel and Leisure Club – 200 approx rooms 01387 254111 http://www.cairndalehotel.co.uk
- Station Hotel 01387 254316 http://www.stationhoteldumfries.co.uk
- Woodland House Hotel http://www.woodlandhousehotel.co.uk
- Premier Inn http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/scotland/dumfries-and-galloway/dumfries/dumfries.html
- Travel Lodge https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/202/Dumfries-hotel
- Mathrown of Mabie – fantastic and unusual accommodation, Forest Bunkhouse, American style Tipi, Mongolian Yurt, Iron Age Roundhouses, Woodland Camping, Finnish sauna and Wood-fired Hot Tub – 01387 247900 or 07786 628 456 http://www.marthrownofmabie.com/folder-3-iron-age-roundhouse (Owner plays ukulele in our club).
There are numerous other hotels in Dumfries see HERE for more.
Other accommodation – Outside of Dumfries
- Castle point campsite –Rockcliffe -beautiful ! sea views – lovely walks – own tent, tourer or hire a holiday home 35 to 40 mins drive to venue http://www.castlepointcc.com
- Kippford Holiday Park- Boats, sea and pub nearby – own tourer or holiday homes – 35 to 40 mins venue
- Sandy Hills Bay leisure – own tourer tent or hire a holiday home – on beautiful sandy beach – 35 to 40 minutes drive to venue http://www.gillespie-leisure.co.uk/content/view/98/184
- Barend Holiday Village – chalets near beautiful beach – swimming pool, bar and restaurant http://ww.barendholidayvillage.co.uk/index.php/accommodation/chalet-types/2-uncategorised/15-welcome-to-barend-holidayvillage-2
- Anchor Hotel – Kippford – small hotel on sea front http://www.anchorhotelkippford.co.uk
- Mabie House Hotel – on the edge of Mabie Forest and on the edge of the famous 7 stanes mountain riding track. They also have camping huts for hire. Nice bar with food. (We have stayed here many years ago and it was very good then) 15 minutes to venue http://www.mabiehousehotel.co.uk
- Friars Carse Hotel _ looks like a castle – has it’s own fishing – looks very nice! 20 minutes drive http://www.friarscarse.co.uk
See also Discover Scotland for holiday accommodation to rent.
Even more accommodation options HERE