Our Festival Hotel is The Holiday Inn, The Crighton, Bankend Road, Dumfries DG1 4ZZ
We have made a block booking here – you can reserve a room with them but you need to quote this code – Ukulele – to take advantage of our special rate. You will need to telephone the hotel on 01387 272410 and press 3 to speak to one of the reception staff. You can then quote the code – or tell them it is under the uke allocation. If any problems ask for Liesa who is the events manager or Rob Dixon who is the general manager. Unfortunately you can’t book this online. If you try to book it on line or without the code it will show up as not available. They can accommodate 170 people so you will need to be quick if you want to stay here. We have seen two of the rooms and they look lovely and clean and are air conditioned. They have some triple rooms (executive)and some interconnecting rooms. The manager is very accommodating so we are planning to have the Friday night jam here plus a late night celebration on Saturday. In fact jamming can take place throughout the weekend in the comfy lounge bar.
The estate has given permission for overnight parking (and sleeping) of small to medium sized campervans. We have booked two rooms at the hotel where you can access toilets and showers. There will be no facilities for chemical waste disposal and we are not aware of external drinking water taps. But you should be able to fill your kettle up from the hotel rooms we have set aside for you. There is a modest cost for this, click here for details.
Other accommodation – In or near Dumfries
Please look these up on tripadvisor, etc. We do not have personal experience.
- Cairndale Hotel and Leisure Club – 200 approx rooms 01387 254111 http://www.cairndalehotel.co.uk
- Station Hotel 01387 254316 http://www.stationhoteldumfries.co.uk
- Woodland House Hotel http://www.woodlandhousehotel.co.uk
- Premier Inn http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/scotland/dumfries-and-galloway/dumfries/dumfries.html
- Travel Lodge https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/202/Dumfries-hotel
- Mathrown of Mabie – fantastic and unusual accommodation, Forest Bunkhouse, American style Tipi, Mongolian Yurt, Iron Age Roundhouses, Woodland Camping, Finnish sauna and Wood-fired Hot Tub – 01387 247900 or 07786 628 456 http://www.marthrownofmabie.com/folder-3-iron-age-roundhouse (Owner plays ukulele in our club).
There are numerous other hotels in Dumfries see HERE for more.
Other accommodation – Outside of Dumfries
- Castle point campsite –Rockcliffe -beautiful ! sea views – lovely walks – own tent, tourer or hire a holiday home 35 to 40 mins drive to venue http://www.castlepointcc.com
- Kippford Holiday Park- Boats, sea and pub nearby – own tourer or holiday homes – 35 to 40 mins venue
- Sandy Hills Bay leisure – own tourer tent or hire a holiday home – on beautiful sandy beach – 35 to 40 minutes drive to venue http://www.gillespie-leisure.co.uk/content/view/98/184
- Barend Holiday Village – chalets near beautiful beach – swimming pool, bar and restaurant http://ww.barendholidayvillage.co.uk/index.php/accommodation/chalet-types/2-uncategorised/15-welcome-to-barend-holidayvillage-2
- Anchor Hotel – Kippford – small hotel on sea front http://www.anchorhotelkippford.co.uk
- Mabie House Hotel – on the edge of Mabie Forest and on the edge of the famous 7 stanes mountain riding track. They also have camping huts for hire. Nice bar with food. (We have stayed here many years ago and it was very good then) 15 minutes to venue http://www.mabiehousehotel.co.uk
- Friars Carse Hotel _ looks like a castle – has it’s own fishing – looks very nice! 20 minutes drive http://www.friarscarse.co.uk
See also Discover Scotland for holiday accommodation to rent.
Even more accommodation options HERE